Translate Blog

Monday, July 15, 2013

Back from England

This past month and a bit has been a lot of traveling. I finally managed to come back to England for a bit after six months in Italy. The main reason for coming back was to do the national cycling road race, and to see family. 
The national champs was up in Scotland. Pretty much a city centre crit in Glasgow. It's was flat circuit with three little hills in it. I say hills but they where more like speed bumps. In the race I tried to go with the right breaks but after the six pro's went of the front I was just a bit lottery. Ended up doing nothing and just go round in a group of about 30. 
After the nationals I was at home for another two weeks. I manage to see most my mates and have a couple of meals with some mates. It also gave me a good chance to rest up and go for the races in the last part of the season. 
The first race back in Italy was only yesterday. For me it was a chance to get back into the swing of things. Unfortunately I had to work for the Italian lads as it was there regional champs. But when you have team orders you have team orders. Anyway he lads felt really good and everything is heading in the right direction for a peak in August which I have planned. Hope it says on the right path as there are many international races and UCI 1.2 races. 

No comments:

Post a Comment