Translate Blog

Saturday, August 11, 2012

new news

  In the past two week life has been pretty quite here in Italy. Obviously I have sent most my time training, but have the Olympics to watch in the afternoon has keep preoccupied as well. Training these days mainly consists of one day a bit fast, then the rest just getting hours in on the bike.
  Racing has been on a Sunday, so Monday has been a rest day. Gives me a chance to recover from racing, and now since there are no more stage races, there's no need to go out on the bike. I spend the more lying in and doing hour and a half of gym work. The afternoon is sent in the sun at the bar.
  Tuesday is about 130km training with a couple of hills done at max heart rate minus 15. Usually on a Tuesday I try and cook something from Jamie Oliver or try to cook something new. Then head of to the piazza.
Wednesday is a late start with an hour and a half of gym work done before I go out on the bike. Then 90km done on the bike nice and easy. Wednesday just normal cooking because frankly, can't be arsed.
  Thursday is the distance day. nice 5/6 hours on the bike. After that there's not much of the day left so I slumber of to the piazza again with my mates.
 Friday is a rest day so in the morning I do another hour and a half of gym work, then I try and clean the house. I would like to say I clean the house every Friday but I don't.
Saturday I'm now trying 3hours30mins, as I seem to go better in stage races so trying a bit more the day before a race to see if it changes anything. Generally get 90km in with a hill.
 Sunday is race day. The past races it.s been going well with gaining experience and getting stronger.
The next couple of week got quite a few races coming up so I will keep you formed, also new diet is kicking in so i'll tell all in the next blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment