Translate Blog

Saturday, June 16, 2012

stages

Sorry its been so long but I' ve been a bit busy.
The Baby Giro has been one of the best experiences I have had. Racing at a world class level for the stages I've done has been amazing....
The first stage of 150km went right past my house and was a nice break in with a 7km hill and a 5km hill. Helping out team mates and finishing with the first group was the aim of the day, and it went well.
The second stage of a 75km crit was too nice but I didn't get dropped.
The third stage along the beach was the TT. Finally manage to use Garzelli's TTbike and it flew, just a shame I messed up every corner....
The forth stage was the long one. 212km with 4 7-9km climbs all at 10%. I surprised myself that day and alot of others. I finished with the leaders. Killed myself doing it but I was pretty happy with what I'd done, and so was my director of sport.
The fifth stage was one of the hard ones.180km with 1 10km climb and at the end a 16km climb, and the bit in between was just up and down all day.
The sixth stage was 160km with the first bit of gravel roads, 4 bit to be exact. This day didn't go well. I manage to finish in a group but not the first one, and a team mate arrived out of maximum time.
Finally a rest day, but don't see how 80km was a rest day.
 the seventh stage. It ended up that this was the worst stage yet. 160km with another bit of gravel road. Unfortunately on the gravel road I punched twice and had to wait 2mins for the team car. Then afterwards going down hill the bike gave away and I hit a tree head first, didn't even hit the road. Ended up waking up in the bike of the ambulance with a light in my eye and a neck brace on......Baby Giro Over...but shit happens, I'm only 20 got another two years yet at under 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment